2/19/13

Journey to SuperChef Title - Semi Finals


Cooking has always been a passion, maybe I take it after my grandmothers or my mom or was it a situation that I had to start cooking, I am not able to single out any one reason that attributes to my passion. I have always longed to achieve something in this field of cooking. Many of my colleagues who have tasted my food  have asked me when am I going to open a resto or why don't you participate in any cooking competition. I knew it was a huge thing for me, and was quite not sure if I had it in me for competitions. But I was wrong, there came along my way SuperChef Chennai Contest. The journey through this competition has been a wonderful and remarkable one.


When SuperChef Chennai contest was announced, two people had called me up and asked me to participate.They also said, that they were reminded about me when the contest was announced. I was so happy that someone is reminded about me when they hear about cooking.  

This competition was conducted by members of Madras Cosmopolitan Ladies Circle 38 and what more it was for a very noble cause .The proceeds from this competition were given to Adyar Cancer Institute. Having lost two people in the family to this dreadful disease, I fairly know the pain behind this dreadful disease and also wanted to contribute to this cause. 

The competition was to be done in three phases. First phase, the organizers invited registrations from general public under three categories, Appetizers, Main course and Desserts. We were given a choice to submit more than one recipe under each category. Listed below are my submissions

Appetizers

Tomato Tartlette with Ricotta Cheese 

Main Course 

Three Cheese Ravioli

Desserts

Strawberry Panacotta
Illaneer Payasam

I was selected under the Appetizer Category.





And we were asked to prepare the recipe that was selected to be presented for the Precooked Semi Finals. 

I baked Tomato Tartlette with Ricotta cheese and took it for the semi finals. 
I had arranged it on a white plate and made a salad with Rocket Leaves, Black Olives and Parmesan cheese 
Used Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar to give it an outline

To be honest, I was not satisfied with my dish, as much as I thought that I not gonna make it to the finals and not gonna wear the SuperChef Finalist Apron. 




Chef Rajesh and Chef Santosh, tasting the dishes


Karpagam and myself shared a table in the semi finals round




Farheen explaining what the judgements were based on and near her you can see the SuperChef Aprons ready to be given to the finalists.




Chef Rajesh, with the list of finalists




But as I waited with a little disappointment in my mind, Chef Rajesh was getting ready to announce the 12 finalists.. And vola... my name was called. I was stumped , surprised, shocked, to hear my name. 




Can you see the surprise in my face. Me in the finals.. Yaay..


I still cant believe that the apron is being given to me 


I join the band of finalists with still an awe struck expression.


The twelve finalists with the judges and Vicky Ratani. 

3 comments:

Aarti said...

part 2 seekram putings pls :D

S. Susan Deborah said...

Congrats. The journey to the winning point is as interesting as the names of the dishes that you prepared. One day I shall taste your lovely food. Until then . . . hi-five to your culinary skills.

Joy always,
Susan

Srivalli said...

Congrats Kamalika, it was nice reading through the excitement..:)

Popular Posts